Holloway Lodging Corporation is focused on owning and operating select and limited service hotels in secondary, tertiary and suburban markets.
Holloway’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol HLC.
Holloway REIT was initially formed as a capital pool company (CPC) known as Holloway Capital Corporation (HCC) on November 17, 2005. It completed its initial public offering of its shares on February 17, 2006. HCC became a publicly listed company on the TSX-Venture Exchange on February 20, 2006.
On June 7, 2006, HCC undertook its qualifying transaction through the acquisition of the 50-room, Super 8 Motel in Truro, Nova Scotia for $4.6 million. Simultaneously, HCC was reorganized into Holloway Lodging REIT and undertook a private placement of 430,000 trust units at $2.00 per unit.
On December 31, 2012, Holloway Lodging REIT converted from a trust to a corporation.
To strategically grow to become one of North America’s top-performing lodging companies. We will continuously seek to improve our operating results by focusing on dominating the market segments in which we operate and maximizing product quality through a prudent capital reinvestment program. We will continue to strengthen our relationships with our key strategic business partners, shareholders, guests and employees.
Our goal is to be one of North America's top-performing lodging companies and to grow our dividends to our shareholders. We will reach this goal by the following objectives:
- expanding our asset base through accretive acquisitions and internal growth initiatives;
- generating stable cash flows in order to pay dividends to our shareholders;
- operating the top hotels in the segments and markets we serve;
- consistently ranking in the top ten percentile for every brand represented in our portfolio;
- enhancing the value of our assets to maximize long-term value through active management;
- attracting, training and retaining the industry’s best people; and
- constantly inspiring outstanding performance from our employees by encouraging creativity and innovation.